Learn. Download. Inspire.
With the Narrative and Persuasive Online Training on Seven Steps Online,
learn how to turn your students into engaged and inspired writers in just three easy steps:
Learn each of the Seven Steps from author and creator Jen McVeity in short 10-minute videos. Check out samples from the Narrative and Persuasive Writing Courses below.
Download Lesson Plans, Action Activities, PowerPoints, Text Types, Writing Games and more for each step. Everything you need for your writing classroom.
Inspire students through fun 20-minute learning activities each day. Transform your students into passionate, skilled, happy and engaged writers!
Get a taste of Seven Steps Online...
Persuasive Online Training sample
Narrative Online Training sample
Try It for Free for 7 Days!
Give Seven Steps Online a try and see what a difference it can make to your writing classroom. You won’t want to teach writing without it!
Sign up today to get started. If you love it, there’s nothing more to do. You will automatically roll over into a full membership at the end of the 7 days and your credit card will be charged.
If you decide not to proceed, simply cancel before the 7 days are up.
Want to give it a try but you don’t have a credit card? Email us and we can help!
Spend as little as 7 minutes learning theory, tricks and tips you’ll teach that week! Refer back as often as you like, whenever you like – at home, lunch time or in class.
Implement with consistency
Roll out writing success with a simple and clear model. Create a unified structure for cross-classroom consistency.
Usable in the classroom
Show your students videos of theory or run Action Activities on interactive whiteboards.
Delivered by the Expert
Australian author and Creator of the Seven Steps, Jen McVeity delivers all the online content to you in short and sharp videos. The plethora of supplementary activities will make you feel like an expert as well!
Most Up-to-Date Content
Aligned with the National Curriculum, gain access to changes as they arrive. Discover more and more great activities, insights and tips to turn your classroom into a writing showroom!
The fastest growing bank of Seven Steps content. With updates throughout the year, discover more and more great activities, insights and writing tips.
Designed for the individual teacher…or a whole school! Ensure you never run out of Seven Steps resources for learning fun. Enquire about our school licences here.
- “Students and teachers are very positive about the journey so far. Lots of lovely stories about reluctant writers feeling very comfortable and confident. The teachers all seem really pleased with the program and the student work.”Lindy Montague-PopeHead of Curriculum
- “A sequential plan to explicitly teach writing in an engaging manner.”Ed GordonHead of Junior Secondary
- “In the past I've been too focused on the big picture, the finished story and wanting it to be GREAT, but I didn't know how to get there - but now I do!”Rebecca Blanchard-Blackburn
- “Brilliant. This needs to be every school's writing program.”BelindaMaster Teacher
- “Our Writing result in Year 9 is against the national trend which showed a 1.7% drop from 2014 to 2015, where our result went up by 11.4%. I can guarantee our writing success was due to students being exposed to the Seven Steps of Writing Success. Students love it.”ValissaSTLaN Literacy Coach
- “I find Seven Steps, both face to face and online sessions one of the most practical and cost effective resources available. I enjoy hearing students and teachers (and in some cases parents/carers)sharing a common language and understanding of writing. Steps 2 - 7 have also been great in assisting with self and peer feedback sessions, especially in middle and upper primary.”ColletteMaster Teacher, Yeppoon State School
- “Very professional presentation. Wonderfully "grounded" in practice. Well paced with lots of activities and power point examples. I attended a Saturday session 2 years ago - I KNOW that the 7 Steps works - I have taught the steps for 2 years and students LOVE to write now. Each week is a shared adventure in developing skills and fostering delight in writing.”Robyn JohnsonTeacher/Librarian, Wilsonron State School
- “My years 9's went great in the NAPLAN writing last year, they are all ESL students and they all improved by 20% above the normal growth rate!!! My principal was rapt! Our 3's, 5's and 7's also showed accelerated progress in writing, so hopefully the coaching has helped. So the Seven Steps program works with ESL and high school kids as well.”Lee HegartySecondary English and Library Teacher, Cocos Islands District High School
- “I can tell you our Year 5 NAPLAN writing results (which was the only thing going downwards in our results) has improved so much (particularly amongst the targeted boys) that our auditor initially did not believe our data!! He wanted to take it home and study it. Wow!”Genevieve ClarkLiteracy Coach, Camp Hill State Infants And Primary School
- “My co-teacher introduced me to 7 Steps this year when she came on board. I have a lower ability composite year 4/5 class and they themselves are amazed at how much their writing has improved, and we have only just done Sizzling Starts. They are so much more enthusiastic about writing as they've learnt so quickly how to make it fun and engaging. So this has such a big thumbs up from me. It's made English lessons far more meaningful and effective already and we've only just started.”GlennaTaroom P-10 State School
- “Having completed the workshop and subsequently the coaches course this writing programme has changed the way I teach writing and I now see the evidence that it makes an enormous difference to the way my students write. Every teacher should be teaching writing this way. The online resources are great and continue to inspire my teaching.”Rita RenwickYear 6 Key Literacy Teacher, St Simon Peter
- “As an EALD teacher, Seven Steps really supports our pedagogy with importance of quality teaching, explicit modelling and oral interaction.”Renata NinevskiEALD K-6, Jesmond Public School
- “AMAZING!! Such a fresh approach to teaching writing in the modern classroom.”Lea MulrooneySpecial Education Teacher, Woodburn Primary School
- “Once again this inservice was inspirational. In over 30 years of teaching and inservicing I can still say positively that this is the most valuable resource and inservice I have ever encountered. I have seen its value in my classroom and I feel empowered again with refreshed ideas and applications.”Darelle PoyittTeacher Yr 6, Redeemer Baptist School