Meet the faces of the most successful writing program in Australian schools.
- Jen McVeityCreator and CEOThe author of over 20 books, Jen’s novel Dreamcatcher was a popular Year 7 novel studied in schools. It won the Family Award, the Environment Award - and the award for the most stolen book in the Hawaii State Library! Founder of the Seven Steps and an ex-teacher herself, Jen felt that her author techniques could help students see that writing is so much more than just a formula. She developed the Seven Steps to provide schools with a PRACTICAL program that inspires students.
- Dianne ScottPresenterDianne has an impressive and extensive background in education. With a keen interest in helping students with learning difficulties, she is highly regarded and respected, plus very passionate about teaching - and the Seven Steps.
- Pina SernioPresenterHaving taught Prep to Year 6 in some of the toughest and some of the best schools in both Catholic and private education, Pina has a wide range of experience in positions of responsibility and specialises in gifted education and children with learning difficulties.
- Ann KorabPresenterAs a Literacy Consultant who has spent over ten years providing onsite and regional professional learning for teachers, principals and literacy coaches, Ann is considered an expert in Literacy Education in Australia and the States. Ann has also spent several years as a teacher and Special Education Advisor in the Northern Territory.
- Fiona BrillEvent and Office ManagerFriendly, efficient and overall wonderful, Fiona will assist you with all of your questions and requests. Fiona manages the office and all of our PDs - she will do her best to squeeze you into even the most-full One-Day Workshop (if she can!).