No products in the cart.
Transform your students' writing
Includes 3 months of Teacher Hub.
From $345 (excl GST)
Take student writing to the next level
Includes 3 months of Teacher Hub.
From $345 (excl GST)
Looking for a whole-school approach?
Build a powerful package of training and award-winning resources to suit your school’s needs.
Combine a Teacher Hub subscription with expert training (in-person or online) and create a student-centred learning experience that’s fun, consistent and collaborative!
No matter your size or location, we’re here to help transform writing across your school.
Teacher Hub Essentials
Your ultimate support tool for teaching writing
Includes Writing Courses and over 600 resources!
From $20 a month
*Offer has ended* WIN the Informative and Persuasive Writing Classroom Posters
Terms and Conditions
- Buy one or more packs of the new Narrative Writing Classroom Posters to automatically be entered into the draw to win both the Informative and Persuasive Writing Classroom Posters packs (arriving in Term 2).
- Orders placed from Wednesday 29 March up to midnight on Wednesday 10 May will be eligible.
- We will select the winner at random on Thursday 11 May and they will be contacted by email. The winner will also be announced on our social media channels.
- If the winner does not respond within one week, we will select a new winner.
- The Informative and Persuasive Writing Classroom Posters are currently in production and will be delivered during Term 2.
Frequently asked questions
What's the difference between the two Tool Kits?
The Seven Steps Tool Kit for Primary Schools is a one-stop shop for primary schools that want to transform their students into great writers. It includes:
- Narrative Writing Manual
- Persuasive Writing Manual
- Informative Writing Manual
- Beginner Writers Manual.
The Seven Steps Standard Tool Kit includes the Narrative, Persuasive and Informative Writing Manuals, but excludes the Beginner Writers Manual.
I have a Seven Steps Tool Kit/manual. Why should I buy a new one?
Purchased your Tool Kit prior to January 2021?
You’ll find the new Tool Kit is so much bigger and better! Here’s what’s changed:
- Narrative Writing Manual – completely rewritten with four times the content of your old manual.
- Persuasive Writing Manual – completely rewritten with three times the content of your old manual.
- Informative Writing Manual – extended and improved, with 40% more content than your old manual.
- Beginner Writers Manual (previously known as the Early Years Writing Manual) – extended and improved, with 60% more content than the Early Years Writing Manual.
Purchased your Tool Kit after January 2021?
There’s so much terrific new content and added value in the new Tool Kit, you’ll be delighted with the upgrade! Here’s what’s changed:
- Narrative Writing Manual – completely rewritten with four times the content of your current version.
- Persuasive Writing Manual – rebranded with a fresh new look, but the content hasn’t changed from your current version.
- Informative Writing Manual – extended and improved, with 40% more content than your current version.
- Beginner Writers Manual (previously known as the Early Years Writing Manual) – extended and improved, with 60% more content than your current Early Years Writing Manual.
Check your inbox for a very special offer for schools that have purchased a Tool Kit since 2020 – or give us a call to find out more!
If your budget is tight, the manual that will make the biggest improvement to your existing Tool Kit is the new Narrative Writing Manual. Structured in easy-to-follow Step-based chapters, you’ll gain so much extra theory, exemplars, activities and more.
Which is better: Teacher Hub or the Seven Steps Tool Kit?
Great question! Both Teacher Hub and the Tool Kit:
- provide you (and your school if you sign up for a school subscription) with everything you need to learn, teach, apply and assess the Seven Steps
- contain the highest quality resources for teaching writing
- offer you a starting point to learn the Seven Steps
- are packed full of teaching resources if you’ve attended a workshop and are ready to roll it out
- cross-reference each other, so they can be used independently or together as a great hybrid teaching tool
- contain almost entirely exclusive content, so you won’t be doubling up on activities, topics or resources.
If you’re limited to choosing either Teacher Hub or the Tool Kit, think about what works best for you or your school:
Choose Teacher Hub if you and your colleagues are digitally savvy and want the option to: use search fields to find what you’re looking for; favourite resources to come back to; and access training videos.
Choose the Tool Kit if you and your colleagues like to have a physical library of resources to flip through and reference over and over again. (Note that your Tool Kit includes a digital copy (PDF) that you can download and load onto your intranet.)
Most schools have a mix of digital natives and the more traditional print-lovers, so a combination of the two will meet everyone’s needs, provide a great hybrid teaching tool and guarantee you won’t run out of activities, ideas and inspiration.
Purchase Teacher Hub and the Tool Kit together and save at least 20% off the Tool Kit! Just add a Tool Kit to your cart, and you’ll find the option to add in Teacher Hub.
How can I access the digital files?
The new Tool Kit and manuals are also available as a digital download that you can store on your school intranet. To access your digital files:
- Log in to Teacher Hub. (You automatically receive a free Teacher Hub Starter account with your purchase.)
- Click the ‘Manuals’ tile on the dashboard.
- You’ll see your manual/s under the ‘Purchased Manuals’ heading. Click on the ‘Download Zip File’ link to download your manual/s to your school intranet.
Having trouble downloading your files? We’re here to help! Call us on (03) 9521 8439.
Previous versions of our manuals and Tool Kits include a USB with your digital file(s).
I’m having issues downloading the files, as my school restricts the size of files we can download. What can I do?
Send us an email at [email protected] or give us a call on (03) 9521 8439 and we’ll be happy to help.
Are there any discounts available for the Tool Kit?
Workshop participants – save 20%
If you order within two weeks of attending a workshop, you can save at least 20% off your Tool Kit! You can find the coupon code in the emails you received before and after the event, or in the brochure inside your workshop pack.
Bundle with Teacher Hub and save up to 40%!
Bundle a Teacher Hub School Subscription with a Seven Steps Tool Kit and save at least 20% (over 40% if you’ve recently attended training). Order the bundle above, or contact our office to give you a hand on (03) 9521 8439.
Buy multiple Tool Kits and save
If you buy more than one Tool Kit in the same order, you will save 40% off the second and subsequent Tool Kits. You don’t need a coupon for this – simply add them to your cart and the discount will be applied automatically.
Are there any discounts available for individual manuals?
If you buy more than one of the same manual in an order, you will save 20% off the second and subsequent manuals. You don’t need a coupon for this – simply add them to your cart and the discount will be applied automatically.
We are also selling our first edition manuals for Narrative, Informative and Early Years at a significant discount, while stocks last.
What is your refund policy?
It is important to us that you are delighted with your Seven Steps purchase! We therefore offer a money-back guarantee on almost all products and services.
If you’re not happy with your Seven Steps product, please email or call us within 30 days of purchase. If we are unable to resolve the issue or further assist you, we will process a refund upon timely receipt of the unopened products. Refunds will be processed promptly via the same method that you used to make the order.
All refunds are made in accordance with the Australian Consumer Protection Act and at the discretion of Seven Steps to Writing Success. Our full terms and conditions can be found here.
How long until I receive my order?
Expected standard delivery across Australia is within three weeks from the date of order. Express delivery is usually within one week from the date of order, particularly if you are in or close to a capital city.
Sometimes we find the resources have been delivered but they’re held up in your school’s main office, so you may want to check there to be sure they haven’t already arrived!
If your order still hasn’t been delivered after three weeks, please give our office a call on (03) 9521 8439 so we can figure out what’s gone wrong.
Do you offer special prices for CRTs?
We know CRTs often have to pay for their own teaching resources, without any support from schools, so we try to help where we can. Contact our office on (03) 9521 8439 or email [email protected] and we can chat!
What makes your manuals eco-friendly?
The manuals’ internal pages are made with ecoStar+, an environmentally responsible paper made carbon neutral and is FSC Recycled certified. ecoStar+ is manufactured from 100% post-consumer recycled fibre in a process chlorine free environment under the ISO 14001 environmental management system.
The manual folders are carbon neutral 4D Ring Binders.
Our printers also use a vegetable-based ink.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Fill out our ‘Contact us’ form on our website here and one of our friendly Steven Steps team members will be in contact.
Alternatively, you can contact our office on (03) 9521 8439 or email [email protected]
Start transforming student writing! Try Teacher Hub for free.
Access Teacher Hub for 14 Days!