Seven Steps Workshops (Online)
Live, interactive, and full of content and activities you can use with your students the very next day!
Learn the simple, fun and practical way to teach writing with Australia’s largest literacy training organisation. Taught over three live online sessions (via Zoom), you'll discover the secrets to great writing. Transform your students into engaging storytellers and hard-hitting debaters.
Our experienced and engaging presenters will facilitate three interactive and powerful sessions, where you’ll learn the Seven Steps techniques and try it for yourself.
- Learn the simple and powerful secrets to transforming student writing.
- Engaging live sessions, practical ideas and interactive activities.
- Learn it at the Workshop and unlock the tools to teach it at your convenience with Seven Steps Online.
- As enjoyable and content packed as our much-loved face-to-face Workshops.
NESA accreditationCompleting Seven Steps Workshop (Online) will contribute 5 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 2.5.2. 3.2.2 and 6.2.2 for Proficient from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
- 3 live and interactive sessions (1.75 hours each) via Zoom
- 5.5 hours of PD learning in total
- Handouts (with activities and theory) before and after each session
- 3 months access to Seven Steps Online
Choose your Seven Steps Workshop (Online) sessions
- Ensure you have a reliable internet connection for video conferencing. More details >>
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- We recommend using headphones or computer speakers - to make sure you can clearly hear our presenters.
- Ensure your devices’ microphone is working. You’ll be needing it when we run group activities.
- Tip: Log-in early to make sure you’re set up correctly for your session.
Are there multiple teachers attending from your school?
The Seven Steps Workshop is an interactive session where you get to try the activities, both on your own and in groups. We therefore require each participant to attend using their own device. It will ensure you get the most out of the activities and the session. We also recommend using headsets if you are sitting in the same room as other participants.
Handouts before and after each session - be sure you don't miss them!
A small percentage of participants may not receive emails from us due to some domains blocking our automated emails. And these emails will contain important information for your session, including the Zoom link and your handouts. So to ensure your confirmation email lands in your inbox, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list. If you do not receive your Zoom link for the session via email, please email email@example.com and someone from our team will assist you in joining your workshop.
The Seven Steps Workshop
Join over 50,000 teachers who have taken the first step to transforming their writing classroom.
As a Seven Steps Teacher you will:
- Create fun and engaging writing classrooms that your students love
- Build a common language for students in writing
- Develop writing lessons that enable collaboration, verbalisation and multimodal literacy
- Keep momentum with a suite of additional resources to support you in the classroom
- Seven Steps to Writing Success is a preferred supplier of literacy and numeracy professional learning services to the South Australian Department for Education.
- Completing Seven Steps to Writing Success Workshop will contribute 5 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 2.5.2. 3.2.2 and 6.2.2 for Proficient and 2.1.3, 2.5.3, 3.2.3 and 6.2.3 for Highly Accomplished from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient or Highly Accomplished Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Choose Your Workshop
Completing Seven Steps to Writing Success Coaches Course will contribute 11 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 2.1.3, 2.5.3. 3.2.3 and 6.2.3 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient or Highly Accomplished Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Choose Your Course
NEW! Seven Steps Day Two Workshop
You’ve rolled out the Seven Steps in your classroom, now take your writing class to the next level!
Dive deeper into the complete writing process and learn how to progress students beyond individual Steps to writing full, rich texts.
- Explore the similarities of planning persuasive and informative texts in more detail.
- Use all Seven Steps to write a complete text.
- Learn how to progress students from writing collaboratively to independently.
- Use the Seven Steps to provide explicit teacher and peer feedback, and
to develop students’ capacity to self-assess.
- Receive a Day Two booklet, with activities and resources including self-assessment and marking rubrics, planning templates and writing graphs.
Pre-requisite: It is a requirement that attendees have learned the theory and taught the Seven Steps in the classroom for at least three months. This will ensure you get the most out of the day.
Please note: This Workshop is not as yet accredited by NESA.
Choose Your Workshop
How many participants are you signing up for the workshop?
How many participants are you signing up for these sessions?
How did you hear of the Seven Steps?
Each participant will receive an email with all the details of their Workshop/Course.
This is not an invoice. An invoice will be emailed separately to the Business Manager/Accounts Person.
Site under Maintenance
The Simple Way to Teach Writing
Ready to get started teaching the Seven Steps? Grab your ultimate school-wide resource package – a Seven Steps Tool Kit plus Seven Steps Online (and save up to 40%!).
Seven Steps Tool Kit
Seven Steps Online
Order with a Tool Kit and save over 20%!
Your Resource Package:
Buy Individual Manuals and Resources
Resources for ParentsWant to support your child who is learning the Seven Steps at school? Or perhaps you’re looking to extend your child with additional writing support at home?
Here are some key resources for you as parents to help develop your child’s writing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Seven Steps Tool Kit?
The Seven Steps Tool Kits are designed to arm you and your school with just the key tools and resources for implementing what you’ve learned from a Workshop, Coaches Course or PD. Top Topics and Tips along with the classic Action Activities are all initiators to get you thinking about what’s possible with a Seven Steps classroom. Think of it as a getting started kit unlike any other.
The Primary Tool Kit includes all 5 of the Seven Steps Manuals – Narrative, Persuasive, Informative (new), Early Years and Writing Essentials.
The Standard Tool Kit contains 4 out of the 5 manuals above, leaving out the Early Years Manual. However, even as a secondary school, the Early Years Manual can be used for ESL and struggling students.
Explore the Tool Kits and Manuals above and click their images for more details.
What is Seven Steps Online?
Seven Steps Online is the ultimate support tool for teachers in writing and designed for all teachers F-10.
There are 5 main areas it focuses on:
Choose how you learn the Seven Steps theory! You can access the narrative and persuasive theory videos online, or experience it in person at a Seven Steps Workshop or School PD.
Plan your lessons, projects and year of writing with these resources that link the Seven Steps to the Australian Curriculum.
Search for Action Activities, Lesson Plans, Exemplars, Templates, PowerPoints, Writing Prompts and much, much more. Find resources that will transform any ordinary writing lesson into a Seven Steps one, instantly!
Implement simple assessment practices with powerful resources that will help you track progress and provide actionable feedback to your students.
The Seven Steps are everywhere. Explore the real world and inspire students to be passionate about communicating their beliefs, thoughts and stories.
As we continue to try, test and discover what resources teachers like, we will continue to develop more and more of those resources for Seven Steps Online.
Explore exactly what’s available at www.sevenstepswriting.com/online where you can also try it free for 10-days.
Are there any discounts for the Tool Kits?
Absolutely! Here’s a quick summary of the discounts we offer on the Tool Kits:
Bundled with Seven Steps Online:
If you purchase the Tool Kit and a School Licence for Seven Steps Online together (see top of page) you’ll save 20% on your Tool Kit.
Recent Workshop Attendees:
If you’ve been to a Workshop recently (within the past 2 weeks), check your order form given on the day, or your email for a discount code of 20% as well. Simply add the Tool Kit to your cart and there you’ll find a spot to put your coupon code.
Best of all, if you’ve been to a Workshop recently you can purchase a Seven Steps Online School Licence and Tool Kit to stack your discounts recieving 40% off the Tool Kit price!
Multiple Copies Purchase:
Finally, there are discounts for purchasing multiples of the same Tool Kits or Manuals. Add one to your cart, and from your cart page you can change the quanity to see how much you’ll save!
How is Seven Steps Online different from the Tool Kit and Manuals?
While Seven Steps Online contains everything you and your school needs to unlock the power of the Seven Steps, the Tool Kits and Manuals offer another option for teachers who prefer things in hard copy.
One of the most important things when implementing change in a school is to make it simple for each and every teachers. The printed resources therefore, offer a way for those who prefer to quickly find resources, activities or lessons from a hard copy book. However, these resources are specifically designed to supplement a School PD, Workshop, Coaches Course or Seven Steps Online theory videos rather than providing development for teachers.
We’re also dedicated in continuing to provide valuable content to our members. As we continue to try, test and discover what resources teachers like, we will continue to develop more and more of those resources for Seven Steps Online.
Please Wait Loading Content.....
Please Wait Processing Order.....