Life's short. Work somewhere you love.
Seven Steps is the largest literacy company in Australia… and we love what we do.
Why? Imagine starting your day with an email that says: ‘Thank you – my students are loving to write!’ Or seeing the NAPLAN scores of ‘our’ schools jump up fast. Or even reading a Facebook post about a kid who once hated writing and is ‘now on the third chapter of his novel.’ Every day we make a difference in teachers and students’ lives. We know literate kids are far more confident – they do better in school, get more interesting jobs and have stronger relationships.
So we don’t just teach writing, we change children’s futures.
We train over 6,000 teachers a year face to face and online throughout Australia, and give ongoing training support to over 17,000 teachers through our membership website. Those teachers then share the Seven Steps with their students – over 400,000 students every year. Altogether, over 1.8 million children have benefited from the Seven Steps! That’s an inspiring reason to turn up to work every day.
We also laugh a lot and enjoy each other’s company. So if that sounds like your cup of tea (or maybe better to say your glass of wine), come join the team! Check out the vacancies below…
- Marketing Assistant (part-time, Maternity leave contract)
Maternity leave contract - 4 days a week
Our fabulous Marketing Assistant is heading off on maternity leave, and we need someone to fill her shoes for at least 6 months, starting in November.
In this part-time role, you will be developing and delivering high impact and engaging marketing using email and social media, as well as supporting the team in other marketing tasks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering our email marketing (using MailChimp)
- Coordinating the marketing calendar, liaising with relevant team members to agree to key messages and timing, and ensuring all emails are delivered on time
- Managing the company’s social media schedule, profiles and presence
- Formatting, designing and updating web pages, blogs, documents, marketing collateral and presentations
- Providing customer service through social media, enquiries and other communications
- Ensuring marketing activities are in line with our brand tone, image and identity
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on company marketing activities
- Other support to the team and office, as needed.
This is a part-time 4-days a week role (or 5 short days, if you prefer), with the ability to organise flexible hours within standard business hours. The contract will be for 6 months, with the potential to extend.
A bit about you
- You have at least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role developing and delivering email marketing. You’re a pro (or at least super confident) with MailChimp.
- You have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal!) and understand how to connect with your audience.
- Your attention to detail is top notch, and you love to plan.
- You’re ready to hit the ground running! You love working and collaborating in a team, but know how to put your head down and get work done.
- You’re a naturally creative person with a flair for design.
- But you’re not scared of numbers. You like to dig into the data to try and find some insights.
- You care about children and feel energised by the idea of your work helping to make a difference in Australian schools.
- You like to have a laugh and a bit of fun!
- You’re looking to learn and grow.
Why you’ll love working here
- You’ll work for a company where you can help make a difference in education and can gain great experience in marketing with a great team.
- When we’re not in lockdown, we’re based a block from Sandringham beach (we’re moving to new offices in Cheltenham in December). You’ll be joining a small office that is collaborative, hardworking, passionate, friendly and relaxed.
- We are a family-friendly company and believe that, while work is important, family comes first. This is a part-time 4 day a week role and can offer flexible work hours.
- This is a 6-month maternity leave position, with the potential to extend.
If this sounds like the position for you, please apply by sending an email to email@example.com. Attach your resume and cover letter outlining how you fulfil the criteria.
Applications close Monday 14 September. You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role.