Life's short. Work somewhere you love.
Seven Steps is the largest literacy company in Australia… and we love what we do.
Why? Imagine starting your day with an email that says: ‘Thank you – my students are loving to write!’ Or seeing the NAPLAN scores of ‘our’ schools jump up fast. Or even reading a Facebook post about a kid who once hated writing and is ‘now on the third chapter of his novel.’ Every day we make a difference in teachers and students’ lives. We know literate kids are far more confident – they do better in school, get more interesting jobs and have stronger relationships.
So we don’t just teach writing, we change children’s futures.
We train over 6,000 teachers a year face to face and online throughout Australia, and give ongoing training support to over 17,000 teachers through our membership website. Those teachers then share the Seven Steps with their students – over 400,000 students every year. Altogether, over 1.8 million children have benefited from the Seven Steps! That’s an inspiring reason to turn up to work every day.
We also laugh a lot and enjoy each other’s company. So if that sounds like your cup of tea (or maybe better to say your glass of wine), come join the team! Check out the vacancies below…
- Marketing Manager
- Training Manager
- Co-Host – Online Workshops (casual contract, varied hours)
An exciting time to join an innovative, expanding SME making a real difference in education. Use your Marketing expertise to help elevate us to the next level at the Seven Steps and lead our fabulous Marketing Team.
The Seven Steps is the largest literacy company in Australia. Our mission is to transform student writing. We’re in an exciting period of transition and growth, which is why we need you!
At Seven Steps we:
- Train teachers in the Seven Steps to Writing Success – a highly regarded and extremely successful writing program taught in Australian schools.
- Deliver training to over 6,000 teachers a year in our live and interactive, face-to-face and online workshops.
- Provide ongoing teaching support to almost 20,000 teachers via our online subscription platform, and our award-winning teaching manuals.
Benefits of working with us
- You’ll work for a company where you can help make a difference in education.
- You’ll be joining a small yet growing office that is collaborative, hardworking, passionate, friendly and relaxed.
- We are a true family-friendly company and believe that, while work is important, family comes first.
- COVID has opened up fabulous new ways of working, which has shown us the importance of both time together to collaborate in the office and flexibility in our working week.
Others will describe you as a people person, friendly and approachable. You love to collaborate and are supportive of others. You are known for your ability to build strong cohesive teams as well as strong relationships both internally and externally. You have an uncanny ability to influence others without being pushy.
You are strategic and think big picture, however you are also happy to “do”. To plan, analyse, implement and execute marketing activity with your team. You bring energy to whatever you do, your passion is infectious. Importantly, you like to have a laugh and some fun.
About the Role
We are in a massive transition period: in October we’re launching a huge rebrand, new website, new online subscription platform and new CRM , plus we’ve just moved into some swish brand-new offices in Cheltenham. Not to mention that over the last 18 months, we developed and released an entire online workshop suite that opens up our market reach. Phew, it’s been busy!
After 18 months of COVID disruption, we’re now ready to grow!
We need an experienced Marketing Manager to join our passionate team to drive and expand our market share in Australia… as well as explore and launch into overseas markets.
- Developing and executing the marketing strategy
- Growing the Seven Steps brand, both in Australia and overseas
- Identifying new markets and marketing opportunities/partnerships
- Managing our fabulous Marketing Team of three, developing team members to succeed and grow
- Assessing and reporting on marketing ROI and making data-driven decisions
- Driving continuous improvement and innovation
Key Skills and Experience
- An experienced marketing professional with a great track record of building a brand and engaging an audience with a results-focused approach
- A minimum of five years’ experience in digital marketing
- A proactive people leader with experience leading and building high performing teams
- An excellent communicator – we’re a writing company, so we need a great writer – clear, engaging and inspiring
- Someone who cares about education and feels energised by the idea of making a difference in Australian schools.
If you are looking for a role where you can fully utilise your skills and experience and want to make a real difference then we want to hear from you.
Please email your CV and cover letter to Shelly at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please address the above selection criteria along with why you want to work for Seven Steps. Please also include 3 words your work colleagues would use to describe you.
For more information please call Shelly Harris on 0412 214 285.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 8th October 2021
Ready to take the step from making an impact in your school, to making an even bigger impact on Australian education?
We are expanding and need a highly experienced literacy leader or school leader to join us as a Training Manager.
Is this you?
- Passionate about the Seven Steps
- A leader in literacy
- Great leader of staff
- Ready to take the step from making an impact in your school, to making an even bigger impact on Australian education.
- And want to join our Seven Steps team in Melbourne?
As Training Manager, you would be responsible for:
- creating new and innovative workshops – both online and face to face. Plus ensure our existing workshops stay engaging and current.
- managing and leading our team of 6 dynamic and highly skilled presenters.
- providing your education expertise in the office.
This would be a full-time position based in our brand-new Cheltenham (Melbourne) office.
Salary would be in the Victorian Leading Teacher range.
Why you’ll love working here
It’s pretty amazing working at the Seven Steps. We get emails every day from teachers telling us how their classrooms have become so engaged, how kids now beg to write, and stories of that ‘one kid’ who hated writing or was gifted but drifting – and is now on the third chapter of their novel.
So we don’t just teach writing, we change kids’ lives. We love not only the impact we make, but working together as a collaborative, hard-working but fun team of professionals!
We are looking for a strong leader who is passionate about the Seven Steps.
Is this a challenge that sounds exciting?
If you’re interested or want to learn more, send us an email! We will send you a position description and can fill you in with more details on the role.
Join our dynamic and passionate team and help improve the literacy of children!
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role.
Co-Host - Online Workshops
Long-term casual contract, varied hours
There is no disputing it – this year has been a challenging one for both individuals and businesses alike! At the Seven Steps, we’ve risen to the challenge by working hard to transform our much-loved face-to-face Workshop into an engaging, live Online Workshop. We are super proud of what we have created, and it is here to stay. That is why we need your help!
Your new role:
With the creation of our Online Workshops, our list of training offerings is growing, and we need additional Co-Hosts to support our Events Manager and our passionate team of Presenters.
As Co-Host, your job is to make participants feel at ease, let our experienced Presenters shine as they deliver the Workshop content, add a bit of energy to the session with some short scripted lines and help out anyone who’s having technical issues. Essentially, the Presenter is in charge of the training, and you’re in charge of facilitating the participants through the session. In each session, your responsibilities include:
- creating an inclusive and engaging event with humour and a friendly, helpful approach
- delivering scripted sections of the online sessions
- participating in chat with teachers
- providing Seven Steps-related information where applicable
- marking attendance using a digital sign-in program
- checking and assisting with any technical issues from the Presenter
- answering and assisting with any technical questions from participants
- moving participants into breakout rooms for activities
- answering any content queries where possible, or passing the question along to a Seven Steps team member to answer after the session
- reporting back workshop participant responses or teachers that the Seven Steps team should know about for Marketing opportunities or Admin-related matters.
Our Online Workshops are predominantly afternoon (3.45pm) and evening (7pm) sessions that run for 1 hour, 45 minutes with additional time required for set up and conclusion of the event. However, other times may sometimes be required.
- a quiet and clean room to join from, with no interruptions
- your own computer with built-in camera, and
- a high speed, reliable internet connection – it can’t drop out mid-session!
Please note that this is a Casual Contract – Approx.10 hours per week @ $38-$40 per hour with the opportunity for additional hours and growth.
A bit about you:
We are seeking a friendly, personable and outgoing professional to join our Events team. You will have strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills, coupled with the ability to stay calm under pressure.
We’d love to hear from people who have:
- Basic Computer IT knowledge to assist with queries and tech issues
- Problem-solving skills
- Front-facing customer service experience
- Organisational and planning skills
- An understanding of online communication platforms such as Zoom would be desired
- Teaching experience a plus!
- Ability to commit to long term employment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent English speaker
- Punctuality and reliability a must!
- An ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with individual Presenters and participants
- Energised by the idea of your work helping to make a difference in Australian schools
- Like to have a laugh and a bit of fun!
Why you’ll love working here:
Imagine knowing that you are making a difference in teachers’ and students’ lives. At Seven Steps we know literate kids are far more confident – they do better in school, get more interesting jobs and have stronger relationships. So, we don’t just teach writing, we change the future of kids.
If this sounds like the position for you, please apply by sending an email to email@example.com. Attach your resume and cover letter outlining how you fulfil the criteria.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role.