The Seven Steps Blog
Discover how the Seven Steps makes its way into books, movies and the classroom with these blog articles around writing, the Seven Steps and the classroom.
Seven Steps Writing Resources
Explore free Seven Steps resources designed for making writing fun and easy.
Narrative Writing Resources
Make Narrative writing fun with these great Seven Steps resources.
Persuasive Writing Resources
Make Persuasive writing fun with these great Seven Steps resources.
Informative Writing Resources
Make Informative writing fun with these great Seven Steps resources.
The Sizzling Starts Corner
Unlock everything you need to know about the simplest, easiest and most fun of the Seven Steps – Step 2: Sizzling Starts!
NAPLAN Writing Guide
Prepare your students for the NAP writing task by creating great writers.
Action Research Resources
The starting blocks for developing Action Research or a research study on the Seven Steps and literacy. For further assistance or information, email us and we will be happy to help.
- “Very inspirational – user friendly and achievable. To me (who has been on many PD's) – this one resonated. It made sense, unpacks writing well and has loads of common sense, creative ideas that should encourage my reluctant writers to flourish.”Bellfield Primary SchoolNSW
- “The success I do see so far is consistency of language and an excitement and passion about writing that we did not have before.”StaceyHead of Curriculum
- “Students and teachers are very positive about the journey so far. Lots of lovely stories about reluctant writers feeling very comfortable and confident. The teachers all seem really pleased with the program and the student work.”LindyHead of Curriculum
- “It was a fantastic day of learning and very applicable to all classes, even at high school. I can quickly see uses for it in year 7 and even year 12!”RachaelHigh School Teacher/Literacy Coordinator
- “I attended a Seven Steps PD and it was AMAZING!!!! On Wednesday I tried brainstorming around the word "run" and then we wrote some sizzling starts for one minute. The kids loved it and you could have heard a pin drop during the one minute of writing!!!! Thank you for such an amazing tool and the continuing emails!!!”JoYear 4A Teacher, Petrie State School
- “Habit changing. Mind altering. Wow! Beautiful in its brilliance. Exciting and encouraging. A very informative session, adaptable for infants, differentiation easily executed. Thank you.”Sally HagleyTeacher, St Joseph’s Merriwa
- “Once again this inservice was inspirational. In over 30 years of teaching and inservicing I can still say positively that this is the most valuable resource and inservice I have ever encountered. I have seen its value in my classroom and I feel empowered again with refreshed ideas and applications.”Darelle PoyittTeacher Yr 6, Redeemer Baptist School
- “Being responsible for the planning of the day, I appreciate what has been a very pleasant experience from my first request for the professional development to this day which has been full of information delivered in a manner that has maintained the attention of all staff and provided us with food for thought and implementation.”Katriona BaileyCurriculum Co-Ordinator, Redeemer Baptist School
- “Would recommend it to everyone, this presentation was just as engaging as the content. That’s a first for me to be focused and listening the whole time.”Kim KutasiTeacher Yr 3, Wilkins Public School
- “Fantastic! I was unsure how beneficial this PD would be for us EC teachers - very pleasantly surprised and highly engaging. A very worthwhile literacy PD.”Trish ChapmanEC Teacher, Tom Price PS
- “Best PD I have attended in a long time. Incredibly useful. I usually take away 1 or 2 ideas to work on - this time my mind is full!”Judith HillmanGrade 5 Teacher, Jindalee State School